Lent Course 2017: Turning to Christ 1st March -5th April
For this year, we will be running our own Lent Course to complete the whole of the ‘Turn to Christ’ course, part of the Pilgrimage Course. This will begin with the traditional Ash Wednesday Service and introduction to the course from 7pm on Weds 1st March in the Church. We will be selling copies of the booklet we will be using for around £4.50, which will be on sale at the Ashing Service. The course will begin with the reflection in the course by Bp Stephen Cottrell which Fr Ian will share as the address in the Ashing Service.
Lent is traditionally a time for spiritual reflection, and re-exploring an aspect of faith reflecting the 40 days that Jesus went into the desert before pursuing his ministry as the Messiah.
So this year we are asking the various communities of St Luke’s Church to travel and learn together in preparation over these 6 weeks with the following themes:
- 1st March 7pm Ash Wednesday Service & Introduction to the course, Theme: Do you turn to Christ?
- 8th March 7pm: Theme: Do you believe and trust in God the Father the Creator?
- 15th March 7pm: Theme: Do you believe in God’s Son Jesus Christ the Redeemer?
- 22nd March 7pm: Theme: Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the giver and sustainer of all life?
- 29th March 7pm: Theme: Do you repent of your sins?
- 5th April 7pm: Theme: Do you renounce evil?
All these events will occur in the Lady Chapel of St Luke’s Church main church building. For a copy of the course leaflet StLukesLentCourse2017.
For more information on the Pilgrimage Course, see the youtube video below:
If you would like to reserve a copy of the wookbook, please click here to email the Church Office.
If you would like to speak Fr Ian who will be leading the course, please email Ian here.